Papers’ we’ve read
(and links to blogged minutes where available..)
- Michel, J. B., Shen, Y. K., Aiden, A. P., Veres, A., Gray, M. K., The Google Books Team, et al. (2011). Quantitative Analysis of Culture Using Millions of Digitized Books. Science, 331(6014), 176–182. doi:10.1126/science.1199644
- Razavi, S. N., Gaud, N., Mozayani, N., & Koukam, A. (2010). Multi-agent based simulations using fast multipole method: application to large scale simulations of flocking dynamical systems. Artificial Intelligence Review, 35(1), 53–72. doi:10.1007/s10462-010-9183-9
- Tero, A., Takagi, S., Saigusa, T., Ito, K., Bebber, D. P., Fricker, M. D., et al. (2010). Rules for Biologically Inspired Adaptive Network Design. Science, 327(5964), 439–442. doi:10.1126/science.1177894
Possible papers to read
There are lots of suggestions on the old wiki and we will add suggestions here as we go.
- Reinventing society in the wake of big data (blog article) by Alex Pentland.
- The MAGS System. [Holly to chair]
- Complex systems: Ecology for bankers. [Dylan to chair]
- Dealing with Future Uncertainty in Long-Term Transport Planning. [Ian to chair]
- Duong, Goud and Schauer (2012) Closed-form density-based framework for automatic detection of cellular morphology changes PNAS 109 (22) 8382-8387; doi:10.1073/pnas.111779610. This one looks useful for a discussion around validation (they develop a multidimensional KDE method with a statistical test)